We cannot take students to the Dominican Republic without the help of Adult Leaders. The main role for adults is to serve as a family group leader. Group leaders will disciple and mentor a group of 6-7 students (called a Family Group) throughout mission trip trainings and during the trip. All interested adults should connect with the student staff prior to completing the application.
Adults stay at the Highlands Complex in bunkbed style rooms. This facility is owned and operated by the Rawlings Foundation (in partnership with SCORE ministries) outside of Santo Domingo.
Purpose: To share the love of Christ with people in Santo Domingo through sports, construction, VBS, etc. This trip is not a vacation—but an opportunity to take your faith to the next level by reaching out to those who are in need.
Cost: The cost is $400, which includes all transportation, lodging, meals (except travel meals), t-shirt, and materials. $250 deposit is required at registration. ALL FINAL PAYMENTS are due by Sunday, March 4th.
Shots: Hepatitis A and Tetanus shots are recommended for this trip (Adult Polio Booster if over 18). To be effective, you must get the Hepatitis A shot at least TWO WEEKS BEFORE we leave and one booster six months later. Shots may be obtained through your doctor, Cobb County Health Department on Lower Roswell Rd. 770.321.8520, or Passport Health on Holcomb Bridge Rd. 770.872.0067. You should consult CDC.gov for any other shot recommendations.
Safe Harbor: We require all adults (18 and older) to complete a background check, Safe Harbor, every 5 years. You will receive more information about this process through your application.
1. Have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
2. Be an active member/attender of JFBC.
3. Have a passion to disciple students. The DR trip is an experience that will open the hearts and minds of many, and we are looking for adults to help us encourage those students by praying, making contacts, listening, and leading.
4. Be prepared to attend the 9 weeks of training. Training Dates: Jan. 21, 28 Feb. 4, 11, 25 March 4, 11, 18, 25.
5. Must attend the Evangelism Training Class on Jan. 28th at 6:00pm. Contact a staff member if you are unable to attend. (A make-up Evangelism class will be announced.)
6. Attend leader meetings as scheduled.
Please contact the High School Ministry Office to be considered as a Family Group Leader or Adult Leader for this trip. Adult registration information will be provided through the office. Please contact Elizabeth Attaway for more information: Elizabeth.Attaway@jfbc.org or 678.784.5355.